This is the question that is repeatedly asked every now and then in the workplace. Designers, design agencies and businesses are concurrently designing web and mobile apps. However, the problem arises when looming issues come to light after it is too late especially when products have been built completely, with money and time already spent. This has resulted to customers receiving products that do not meet their end requirements.
Why Prototyping is Important for Web And Mobile Apps?
A prototype is more of a proof of concept that allows you to validate a user interface idea. The following are the reasons why it is crucial for web and mobile app prototyping:
- Creation of a compelling vision: In order for companies to take a dive into quality and services provided by an app, they need a prototype that brings possible experience of the final product.
- Prototypes reduce misunderstandings: Prototyping for web and mobile apps reduce the need for people and stakeholders to imaginary ‘fill the missing gap’ by creating a picture on what is about to be built and its end goal.
- Prototypes Limit Scope Creep: Produce a products’ visual representation in its early days, hence helps stakeholders identify a problem at its early stages to allow for easy adjustments.
- Prototypes Are Perfect for Testing: Users are able to try out building services before the projects starts.
- Prototypes encourage experimentation and iteration: Digital, pixels are cheap and affordable. They make it easier to experiment and explore different approaches until the perfect result is formulated.
So Why Should We Bother Now!
According to most people, building a quick prototyping for web and mobile apps makes it possible for them to quickly detect design flaws and test thoroughly the design functionality in order to pick up cueson any errors, bugs and early misunderstanding, during the near completion of a product or after the product has been fully done with.
Online prototyping for both web and mobile app is a great way to compile user-feedback in one platform during the design stage. This will enable users and clients to test-drive the web or mobile app. Through this, the client and the design team would be able to think through the user’s journey from the start to the end as if the product was live. In this way, prototyping can reduce misunderstandings from both the design team and the client(s) perspective. This will result in improved design quality and products closer to the customers’ end requirements.
An example of this is the presentation of a prototype to the client(s) in order for them to develop a clearer clarity, and experience a feel on the functionality of the software and they can have the chance to propose changes and modifications at this stage rather than at the end when the code is complete. As with prototyping, designers are bringing the client and user together into the process at an earlier stage.Quality of the product and the satisfaction of the end-user can then be met.
While prototyping for web and mobile, it is possible to implement all changes and feedback from all parties into the design of the product since it is much simpler to make changes to the design before any coding begins. It is also far less expensive to rectify problems before any writing and development of codes. By prototyping for web and mobile apps, the client will be able to save time and money, and the design team will sign off the project on time hence resulting in higher levels of user satisfaction. Prototyping is indispensable in today’s fast moving digital design industry where nothing stands still to count back 3, 2, 1.
Prototyping For Web And Mobile Apps
Try Savah for a free chance of creating interactive prototypes for web and mobile apps. Let your design creativity flourish. We are a collaborative platform that streamlines feedback right to your design screen in order to allow designers to create high-fidelity prototypes for web and mobile apps without:
Writing A Single Line Of Code
- By integrating design tools, we enableautomatic update of linked images, sketches and illustrations after an image file upload.
- Customization of UI component libraries to fit customer styles and specifications. This enables users to adapt their wireframes easily into their brand needs.
- Use of a pre-loaded template for web or mobile devices to allow you to create your own and reuse them in a wireframe screen that you prefer. Instead of coding, these templates allow users to create their own default styles.
- We help you to validate and design your future website and apps’ navigation flows. Save your time by reproducing conditions and business processes for your UIs byskipping effortlessly through diagrams and prototypes, and validating them with the specific project requirements without having to code.
Emailing Back And Forth Your Design Files
- By creating design test usability and high fidelity prototypes, you can easily avoid the back and forth email chaos through:
- Collaborations whereby clients and colleagues leave their comments and feedback directly on users designs.
- By linking all designs in order to create a clickable prototype without coding.
- Use of Usability tests that allow you to analyse easily how users interact with your interface by helping you to tweak and improve your designs.
Savah app allows you to transform all your static web and mobile application designs into interactive prototypes in a blink of eye. Interactive prototypes are easily sharable by use of a single click to both your team and clients in order for you to access visual feedback. Therefore, you do not require frequent back and forth emailing, but instead you can easily and effortlessly invite all your design teams and clients to engage actively in your projects by providing immediate reviews and contributions.
With Savah App, there is creation of new approaches that puts you in complete control, making your life easier, and saving you the much-needed time resulting into Happy Designers and Customers.
If you are looking for a great prototyping tool, then you must look for these top 10 evaluation criteria and decide which one is great for your projects.